PINE64
Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? (/showthread.php?tid=11196)

Pages: 1 2

Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - bcnaz - 08-30-2020

Will there be any September Pinephone sales, or will Pine64 wait for feedback from the
last batch before they offer them again ?

Are there any more main board revisions planned ?

Thanks

Answered by Luke,
                 Thanks Luke

They will be opening orders in " mid - September " !

They have decided to ship it with Manjaro installed from the factory.

They are still considering which of 3 desktops to use, 
               Currently the Phosh desktop gets the best battery life.

Phosh would definitely be my first choice as a phone desktop !

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - deedend - 08-31-2020

(08-30-2020, 03:31 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Will there be any September Pinephone sales, or will Pine64 wait for feedback from the
last batch before they offer them again ?

Are there any more main board revisions planned ?

Thanks
 they've announced on Twitter that the next version will be Manjaro, with the same packages as PostmarketOS. I'll wait for a Mobian version!

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - Peter Gamma - 08-31-2020

I wait until the next round of Ubuntu touch Smile .

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - bcnaz - 08-31-2020

@deedend
I do not think they consider the Mobian Project an 'official' Distro

Besides in a different thread Luke mentions all the future Pinebook Pro's will be shipping with the Manjaro OS,
at least "the rest of 2020, maybe beyond"... So Pine phone may be the same.. (?)

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - bcnaz - 08-31-2020

@Luke
I hear the Manjaro OS will be shipping on the next Pine phones and there are 3 different desktops being considered for the phone.

My Favorite would be the Phosh, and I hear that one has the best battery life .. !

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - deedend - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 04:09 PM)bcnaz Wrote: @deedend
I do not think they consider the Mobian Project an 'official' Distro

Besides in a different thread Luke mentions all the future Pinebook Pro's will be shipping with the Manjaro OS,
at least "the rest of 2020, maybe beyond"... So Pine phone may be the same.. (?)

I see your point... maybe they consider Mobian as Debian, and sponsor that project, it could be still good to help Linux on mobile!

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - amosbatto - 08-31-2020

I'm a big fan of Phosh, but it seems to me that KDE Plasma Mobile should be the interface they offer in the next round, considering the fact that Ubuntu Touch and Phosh have already been sold in Limited Editions. I'm honestly surprised that they decided to do another Limited Edition. I thought PINE64 would have moved to a general Community Edition where the buyer can select the preinstalled distro.

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - bcnaz - 09-01-2020

Real long time Linux users can easily change the desktop or the whole operating systems,
But if you really want to bring some new outsiders into the Linux fold, I think the Phosh interface would be more 'inviting'

That's just my opinion.

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - gedster314 - 09-01-2020

Been eyeing the Pinephone for a while.  The LTE band coverage has been stopping from purchasing but now with Manjaro I may jump in regardless of the LTE bands.  Is there going to be a spec change coming with the Manjaro update or is it just an OS update?  If its the same hardware, may as well order now and donate $10 on my own.

RE: Will there be any September Pinephone sales ? - GFreeman - 09-10-2020

Do we know when pre-orders for the next batch will open? I had just decided to purchase the phone when I discovered I had waited too long and they were sold out.

I'm excited about it now, so I'd like to be in line for the next batch and avoid being disappointed again.

Best,

Graham