PINE64
My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 (/showthread.php?tid=11132)

My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - AmazingNutria - 08-24-2020

Results:Mobian/2020-08-24-Verizon.html
           Mobian/2020-08-24-TMoblie.html

Conclusion: OS not Ready for pinephone to be daily driver.

Notes: Hey guys. Im taking over this thread from @plainenough  We have added a few test cases. Also we are testing on more than one carrier. Verizon, only allows for 4G calling, reinforcing the idea that 4G calling is a requirement for the pinephone to become a daily driver on Mobian. With this in mind, 4G and 3G calls are broken on this Mobian build. We will not be incorporating any data tests this week. Feel free to comment with any results on your own tests to share with others.

RE: My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - User 18618 - 08-24-2020

Who are you, and what did you do with @plainenoughWink

Would it be possible to break the grid up into categories? Ala Calls (3G, 4G), MMS, Camera, Call Quality (Earpiece, Microphone), et cetera.

RE: My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - AmazingNutria - 08-24-2020

(08-24-2020, 01:58 PM)jed Wrote: Who are you, and what did you do with @plainenoughWink

Would it be possible to break the grid up into categories? Ala Calls (3G, 4G), MMS, Camera, Call Quality (Earpiece, Microphone), et cetera.
@"jed" Its ok. Plainenough is in a safe place. haha.

Yea that would be possible. I can start breaking the page into categories for an easier read.

RE: My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - plainenough - 08-24-2020

It's good to see that the post was approved. We are currently in development of a little something something that would make organization of our results a little more ingest-able. Don't feel like you have been unheard, we are working to get something coming your way. Big Grin

RE: My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - HLing - 08-25-2020

i have a ubport community version on T mobile in nyc. Having been updating with the nightly build my incoming and outgoing voice calls and mobile data have all been working. (modem needed rebooting from time to time for getting online but calls and texts work even then). only last night's update made the voice calls in/out stop working. calls can be made and received but nothing heard. Firefox ESR is working very smoothly though.

RE: My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - fernando_c_m - 08-25-2020

(08-25-2020, 10:51 AM)HLing Wrote:  only last night's update made the voice calls in/out stop working. calls can be made and received but nothing heard.
Are you using the headphone jack? This stopped working on my system sometime in between Friday and Sunday. Calls also, as the test report says.
I suppose the sound system is on a bad shape right now...

RE: My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - HLing - 08-25-2020

(08-25-2020, 11:19 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 10:51 AM)HLing Wrote:  only last night's update made the voice calls in/out stop working. calls can be made and received but nothing heard.
Are you using the headphone jack? This stopped working on my system sometime in between Friday and Sunday. Calls also, as the test report says.
I suppose the sound system is on a bad shape right now...
I'm not using the headphone jack. I haven't actually tried to use it yet so I can't say if it was working before, but I just tried it now that you mentioned it: I play a youtube video on Firefox ESR first without using headphone. It sound great. then I plug in the headphone, play the video, and i get the first second of sound stilll coming over the speaker, then it mutes, and doesn't some on in the headphone.  My sound works otherwise. just not in phone calls.  Looking at the Sound section in Setting I noticed that for input or output device there is no longer the option to chose "phone call".  I wonder if that's a new thing or if that's an indication of the problem.

RE: My Daily QA - 2020-08-24 - HLing - 08-26-2020

Thanks again all who helped solve the problem. my phone is calling and receiving voice calls. and yes, in the Sound setting the default/phone call toggle is back.