PINE64
Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Getting Started (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm (/showthread.php?tid=10855)

Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm - James Good - 07-26-2020

After a few problems, some of which were/are user caused, my PBP seems to be working good.  However, when I installed an email app or program there were several choices: Claws, which is included with Manjaro; and Thunderbird, which is used on my main computer.  Using Thunderbird, I am able to use almost any email server and use almost any email address that server allows.  Claws, on the other hand, includes at least one email address (username@manjaro-arm).  When I try to send a small file from the desktop computer (the main computer) to the PBP, I get a notice that the message can not be sent and gives a failure code.  My question: Is there, or should there be, some designation at the end of the @manjaro-arm like .org or .net or .com?  Wondering because it would be easy to use email to transfer short files between the two computers until I learn enough to set up some other way to connect the two computers.
Thank you,
James Good

RE: Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm - tophneal - 07-27-2020

You should be able to setup your own email within the Claws email client. I haven't used the app myself, but it does have documentation on its website.

RE: Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm - James Good - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 08:31 AM)tophneal Wrote: You should be able to setup your own email within the Claws email client. I haven't used the app myself, but it does have documentation on its website.
Thanks.  I'll look into that in detail over the next day or two.
James Good

RE: Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm - James Good - 08-30-2020

Thank you. I have managed to find an email program that does work in Claws. But after that problem got solved, another problem came up. Yesterday I started looking at both the PBP and an eMMC module that was purchased at the same time as the PBP. The original order was for 128 GB eMMC but the PBP came with the 64 GB module installed and the 128 GB module in a small sealed case inside the shipping packaging. Also yesterday I looked at the physical 128 GB module and determined how it should be installed in the computer. Today is the day I attempted to complete that task. The back (or bottom) of the case came off with no problems. All the screws were kept in an old metal cup to keep them from falling on the floor. The old module came out, finally after I carefully tried lifting it, and the new module was just as carefully installed in the same place. All seemed to be as it should. However, after putting the back (bottom) back on and securing it to the computer, I tried to turn it on. No joy. Took the bottom off again and moved the switch near the module. Reassembled the computer and again tried to turn it on. Still no joy. Even with the power adaptor or charger plugged into a working outlet, the computer (the Pine Book Pro) would not power on. Any help or assistance would be most welcome.
Thank you.

RE: Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm - bcnaz - 08-30-2020

There are some boot instructions on the eMMC of a factory built Pinebook Pro.

The bootstrap method in the wiki 'may' help you get around this obstacle, there are several other methods listed.

The absolute simplest method I believe is to preload your new eMMC using the 'eMMC to usb adapter'
that is available in the Pine64 store.

I chose the adapter when I purchased my 128gb eMMC module.

RE: Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm - James Good - 08-30-2020

(08-30-2020, 07:21 PM)bcnaz Wrote: There are some boot instructions on the eMMC of a factory built Pinebook Pro.

The bootstrap method in the wiki 'may' help you get around this obstacle, there are several other methods listed.

The absolute simplest method I believe is to preload your new eMMC using the 'eMMC to usb adapter'
that is available in the Pine64 store.

I chose the adapter when I purchased my 128gb eMMC module.
Ordering the eMMC adapter and possible some extra screws (in the event some get lost) is under consideration.  I also will search the wiki for more information.
Thank you.
James Good

RE: Email addresses in Claws for Manjaro-Arm - bcnaz - 08-30-2020

Some spare screws is probably a great idea, those are so small, and not available from your local hardware store.