PINE64
Incoming call does not work - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Incoming call does not work (/showthread.php?tid=10836)

Pages: 1 2

Incoming call does not work - firefox-58 - 07-25-2020

Mobian, latest nightly:

If there is an incoming call, the sreen flickers on time and then the incoming call was rejected.

Any hints?

Greetz

Uwe

RE: Incoming call does not work - dancingqueen74 - 07-27-2020

(07-25-2020, 03:53 AM)firefox-58 Wrote: Mobian, latest nightly:

If there is an incoming call, the sreen flickers on time and then the incoming call was rejected.

Any hints?

Greetz

Uwe

I've had the same problem when trying to call myself from a landline phone while the Pinephone was on 4G. I couldn't be called and also not make calls while on 4G. Everything is fine on 2G and 3G though and it works both ways. Have you already tried that?

RE: Incoming call does not work - User 18618 - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 01:22 PM)dancingqueen74 Wrote: Everything is fine on 2G and 3G though and it works both ways.

Can confirm that receiving a call on 2G works fine.

RE: Incoming call does not work - firefox-58 - 07-28-2020

Hi jed,

there is no way to set 2G or 3G as an option. The modem manager crashes everytime and states an non appropriate setting. on which build You are ATM?

I am on latest nightly from 28-7-2020

RE: Incoming call does not work - dancingqueen74 - 07-28-2020

(07-28-2020, 01:21 AM)firefox-58 Wrote: Hi jed,

there is no way to set 2G or 3G as an option. The modem manager crashes everytime and states an non appropriate setting. on which build You are ATM?

I am on latest nightly from 28-7-2020
Well, it crashed here, too. A lot, to be honest. I finally managed to get what I wanted, when I first set "2G Only", tested, closed, reopened and afterwards set it to 2G, 3G. A bit buggy, but for me it worked.

Done it and restarted. Connection to the carrier is established. But no call was received. As noted before the screen flickers one time if the call arrives and nothing further happens
Calls DO WORK in UB-Touch, Manjaro-plasma-mobile and in Sailfish OS.

So this is no hardware or hardware related problem ????

I think that all OS equipped with PHOSH have the same problem here ???

RE: Incoming call does not work - dancingqueen74 - 07-28-2020

(07-28-2020, 05:34 AM)firefox-58 Wrote: Done it and restarted. Connection to the carrier is established. But no call was received. As noted before the screen flickers one time if the call arrives and nothing further happens
Calls DO WORK in UB-Touch, Manjaro-plasma-mobile and in Sailfish OS.

So this is no hardware or hardware related problem ????

I think that all OS equipped with PHOSH have the same problem here ???
If it works on other OSes it shouldn't be hardware related. What number do you see in the top left corner besides the mobile signal icon?

3G and connection established. Outgoing calls no problems, incoming does not work. Display with one short flicker....

ATM tested with Manjaro-Plasma-Mobile Alpha5. Incoming and outgoing works flawlessly

RE: Incoming call does not work - wi_badger - 07-28-2020

Sounds like something from the nightly build ... I am most recently upgraded about mid-day US time yesterday and I am placing and receiving calls normally on 4G.

(07-28-2020, 07:06 AM)wi_badger Wrote: Sounds like something from the nightly build ... I am most recently upgraded about mid-day US time yesterday and I am placing and receiving calls normally on 4G.

The modem in the US and Europe work on different channels and frequencies. Maybe that has an influence on what we get.

Tested at the moment with manjaro-plasma-mobile and calls are working. In and out. So this must be an software problem in all "phosh" builds ATM?

AFAIK Debian and also Postmarketos are working with an up-to-date phosh and this causes my problems here. As log as plasma and UB-Touch are working I  see no other reason