PINE64
Anyone get the camera to work yet? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Camera Module (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Anyone get the camera to work yet? (/showthread.php?tid=1071)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone get the camera to work yet? - Havensal - 05-16-2016

I've tried New Ubuntu ML-Anderal 4-20-16.img and the xubuntu-xenial-20160502-longsleep-pine64.img so far.  I'm going to try android-rooted-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64 next. 

I don't see where the kernel even sees the module.  I assume there is something that has to be added into the install for this.

I am  noob, so I might be overlooking something.

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - NWUK - 05-30-2016

(05-16-2016, 06:02 PM)Havensal Wrote: I've tried New Ubuntu ML-Anderal 4-20-16.img and the xubuntu-xenial-20160502-longsleep-pine64.img so far.  I'm going to try android-rooted-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64 next. 

I don't see where the kernel even sees the module.  I assume there is something that has to be added into the install for this.

Hi, 

I finally got my shipping notification. I want to play around with the camera and openCV and would also be interested to hear if anybody has got it working yet.

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - g_t_j - 05-30-2016

I too haven't get the camera module to work yet.

For the time being, it won't work on Android as according to TL Lim, there's a conflict with the newly ported UVC driver.
I haven't tried it with Linux though.

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - tllim - 05-30-2016

(05-16-2016, 06:02 PM)Havensal Wrote: I've tried New Ubuntu ML-Anderal 4-20-16.img and the xubuntu-xenial-20160502-longsleep-pine64.img so far.  I'm going to try android-rooted-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64 next. 

The camera module works on Android LCD version Android build but not no HDMI build. The Android team current combine both CSI camera module driver and UVC camera driver into one build and hopefully will release on next week.

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - NWUK - 05-30-2016

Thanks for the update @tllim. Do you know if someone is working on the linux side?

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - TeaPack - 06-02-2016

Also looking for any information about camera in linux =)

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - TeaPack - 06-02-2016

Hi guys, I have working camera under latest Longsleep ubuntu and with Python pygame.camera =)

Script:

print "Hello =)"

pygame.camera.init()
cam = pygame.camera.Camera(pygame.camera.list_cameras()[0])
cam.start()
img = cam.get_image()
pygame.image.save(img, "photo.bmp")
cam.stop()
pygame.camera.quit()

print "Finished =)"

EDIT: It's not CSI camera, but standard USB camera - unlike on first raspis, on PINE usb camera works immediately =)

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - tllim - 06-02-2016

(05-30-2016, 03:07 PM)NWUK Wrote: Thanks for the update @tllim. Do you know if someone is working on the linux side?

There is one developer works on the camera porting to Linux build, he mentioned that he can get it done in 2-3 weeks time. I keep my finger cross.

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - NWUK - 06-04-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:49 PM)tllim Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 03:07 PM)NWUK Wrote: Thanks for the update @tllim. Do you know if someone is working on the linux side?

There is one developer works on the camera porting to Linux build, he mentioned that he can get it done in 2-3 weeks time. I keep my finger cross.

@tllim Great, thanks for the update!

@TeaPack: Cool stuff!

Hopefully soon the CSI camera will also be working under linux. 

P.S. I just got my Pine64 and am writting this on the Pine, running Ubuntu :-) Everything worked out of the box with longsleeps image with startup etc

RE: Anyone get the camera to work yet? - @lex - 06-20-2016

I just got my Pine64+ with the camera module and it works with Android and HDMI (Full HD). I will provide some info to longsleep so he can work on the linux side.