PINE64
Date and Time changes to august 2115 - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Date and Time changes to august 2115 (/showthread.php?tid=10354)

Pages: 1 2

Date and Time changes to august 2115 - rakor - 06-20-2020

Hey there,

my PinePhone sets the current date/time to august 2115. Thats terribly annoying because you can't even surf the web without trouble with such an issue (cause TLS-certificates seem to be to old).
And I can't set a new date/time because the internal clock seems to stay with the old and wrong time. Sometimes rebooting helps, but not everytime. Sometimes I'll have to wait...
I had this problem 4 times since yesterday.

Do you know this issue?

Together with stability and heat issues I have I don't know if I got a faulty device. (I know sotware is under heavy development).

Can anyone give me some hint?

Thanks a lot guys!

RE: Date and Time changes to august 2115 - bingo600 - 06-20-2020

I would think that Stating your :

Phone hardware : Braveheart or CE
Phone OS + Version :
Is WiFi active & working :
Is GSM active & workig :

Would help to give a qualified ansver.

Is it the same if you do a warm reboot (not power off + reboot)

/Bingo

RE: Date and Time changes to august 2115 - rakor - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 04:19 AM)bingo600 Wrote: I would think that Stating your :

Phone hardware : Braveheart or CE
Phone OS + Version :
Is WiFi active & working :
Is GSM active & workig :

Would help to give a qualified ansver.

Is it the same if you do a warm reboot (not power off + reboot)

/Bingo
You are right.. Sorry

Phone hardware : CE
Phone OS + Version : Mobian (current version)
Is WiFi active & working : yes
Is GSM active & workig : yes

As the time-issue comes randomly I could not investigate in depth if it also hits other OS and how it behaves on different reboots. I'll add those infos as far as I can test again.

RE: Date and Time changes to august 2115 - psychedup - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 03:39 AM)rakor Wrote: Hey there,

my PinePhone sets the current date/time to august 2115. Thats terribly annoying because you can't even surf the web without trouble with such an issue (cause TLS-certificates seem to be to old).
And I can't set a new date/time because the internal clock seems to stay with the old and wrong time. Sometimes rebooting helps, but not everytime. Sometimes I'll have to wait...
I had this problem 4 times since yesterday.

Do you know this issue?

Together with stability and heat issues I have I don't know if I got a faulty device. (I know sotware is under heavy development).

Can anyone give me some hint?

Thanks a lot guys!

I am pretty sure this is due to a bug in the a64 SOC. My pineA64 SBC does the same thing, where the time will randomly jump 95 years into the future. For me it doesn't happen very often and rebooting sets it back to the correct time, but it is annoying. Last I checked the kernel devs were still trying to fix it.

RE: Date and Time changes to august 2115 - rakor - 06-22-2020

I had this situation again.
I tried to soft reboot (sudo reboot) in mobian. The display got black and nothing more happend. It did not fully power off (what I could see as I could not be powered on by pressing the powerbutton for 3 seconds). So I powered it off totally by pressing the powerbutton for 10 seconds.
Strange thing was that when rebooting it started the internal UBports and not mobian from the sd card....

@psychedup do you mean all SOCs have this failure or just a few...? I don't want to, but I think if I should/could return/switch the phone...

RE: Date and Time changes to august 2115 - psychedup - 07-09-2020

As I understand it's a bug in the Allwinner A64 SOC. So it would affect all pinephones, pinetab, pine A64 and pinebook. (not pinebook pro).

RE: Date and Time changes to august 2115 - bcnaz - 07-09-2020

Have you set or adjusted all of  your settings ?

I had to turn off the auto time feature to set the correct time, then reboot.  >  then turn the  'get internet time'  back on.
    ( some may depend on which release/nightly build version you are using, there are lots of posts on this )

I am also using the Mobian OS and getting all the settings set correct resolved most of my issues.
    (  ... Also I had to set everything in 'Language and region' to correct other problems )

BC

NOTE :
I am using a Brave Heart phone, I try to run the most recent nightly release of the awai Mobian OS, there are differences between the CE
                                                                                           ( today the July 09, 2020 nightly build )
and the Brave Heart phones, different motherboard revisions. 1.2 or 1.1  respectively .....
I am running from an SD card and using a GSM (AT&T) network.
  and every aspect 'CAN' make a difference !   Just from CDMA to GSM can cause different things to happen.
 (  In Mobian, the + sign and the country code, then area code, finally the phone number makes or breaks your system for phone or text )

RE: Date and Time changes to august 2115 - Alstroplane - 07-09-2020

I think I had to install tzdata when this happened to me, what Os are you on? have you updated?

sudo apt update
sudo apt install tzdata

I am using the Mobian July 09 nightly build on a Brave Heart edition, no updates are showing available when I checked minutes ago.
My carrier is GSM (AT&T)
  I am running from SD card.

Since I have started downloading the nightly builds, there are only occasional updates available.