PINE64

Full Version: Texting works (But...)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As indicated in the notes for the latest build, I am able to receive texts and reply to them.

However, I am not able to initiate a new chat. neither a number typed in manually nort one taken from the Contacts list is recognised.

Still, quite happy that we have a useful function now (other, such as the camera bor sound recorder are still merely placeholders).
Yup. Same situation here. Send and receive to existing chats, but totally mystified about how to start a new one.
Yup, Chats in pmOS/phosh seems to be pretty crippled.

My amusing finding: if you disable WiFi on your phone then Chats loses its limited SMS ability and does not even display an historic SMS thread! (Why WiFi affects SMS ...!?)
Hey!

I wanted to bring this thread back on the top, as I'm not able to send sms (pmOS + Phosh). Receiving sms works well.

Gnome-Contacts is now able to create a local phonebook (https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Phosh), although I can not send a sms to my saved contacts. I can only reply in a conversation, where I received a sms before. But these sms are not being transmitted.

Is it a pmOS issue or connected with chatty?

Thanks for any idea!
Chatty will not start a conversation unless your contacts are stored with a proper msisdn, i.e. CC + NDC + SN (where CC is country code) as well as a + international prefix.
(04-23-2020, 03:26 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Chatty will not start a conversation unless your contacts are stored with a proper msisdn, i.e. CC + NDC  + SN (where CC is country code) as well as a + international prefix.

Oh! Thx!
(04-23-2020, 05:15 AM)nieral Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 03:26 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Chatty will not start a conversation unless your contacts are stored with a proper msisdn, i.e. CC + NDC  + SN (where CC is country code) as well as a + international prefix.

Oh! Thx!
Using Phosh, and Display in the settings, the screen resolution can be changed from 200% to 100%.  Then go back to any app where the window was "chopped", For example Chats,  You can now see and use the "send" icon; even for a new conversation.
For Chat, after the convo has been started (first message from you sent), you may want to go reset the Display to 200% and going back to the running instance of Chat, the send button is probably there to use (and larger text, ha ha).
(05-26-2021, 09:26 AM)james8880 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 05:15 AM)nieral Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh! Thx!
Using Phosh, and Display in the settings, the screen resolution can be changed from 200% to 100%.  Then go back to any app where the window was "chopped", For example Chats,  You can now see and use the "send" icon; even for a new conversation.
For Chat, after the convo has been started (first message from you sent), you may want to go reset the Display to 200% and going back to the running instance of Chat, the send button is probably there to use (and larger text, ha ha).

Your reply is a workaround for a different problem. Mine was solved one year ago by some chatty or modem-manager update.