PINE64

Full Version: Flash size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, apologies if it has been answered.

I used win32 disk imager and the latest Android image on a 32 GB card.  The system runs like a dream, but only reports 4 GB of usable space (it detects 32 GB of flash, interestingly).

So I popped the card back in my reader on my pc and noticed that the disk has 3 partitions--I'm guessing a small boot partition, the android partition, and the usable flash.  The remaining 20+ GB are simply unpartitioned.

How do I gain access to that extra space?
(05-01-2016, 09:14 PM)jcdoe Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't seen this mentioned yet, apologies if it has been answered.

I used win32 disk imager and the latest Android image on a 32 GB card.  The system runs like a dream, but only reports 4 GB of usable space (it detects 32 GB of flash, interestingly).

So I popped the card back in my reader on my pc and noticed that the disk has 3 partitions--I'm guessing a small boot partition, the android partition, and the usable flash.  The remaining 20+ GB are simply unpartitioned.

How do I gain access to that extra space?

Sounds like you used a dd image. If you can use the Phoenix tool and its image it will utilize the whole flash. It is not always easy but...
I read that when using the dd image, the first boot takes longer due to the fact that of converting FAT32 into the EXT3 format that android uses. The PheonixCard utility takes this matter into account.
where do people come up with thus stuff...