PINE64

Full Version: Pine Cube Camera Lenses etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I looked up the camera that was listed for the cube camera, it was a bit vague, so could you tell us what options there will be and is it hackable for more fun.[Image: wink.png]
(01-09-2020, 06:12 PM)Cafinux Wrote: [ -> ]I looked up the camera that was listed for the cube camera, it was a bit vague, so could you tell us what options there will be and is it hackable for more fun.[Image: wink.png]

If you looked up the camera on the product page it has changed. They had to move away from the serial camera due to some issues and moved back to a parallel camera. So the CSI Sony iMX179 8MP is now a CIF OV5640 5MP camera.

But I would be curious to know too if there are plans for a threaded lens mount or if it will have some type of built-in lens with some expected FOV and other values.
(01-27-2020, 03:57 PM)Zaf9670 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2020, 06:12 PM)Cafinux Wrote: [ -> ]I looked up the camera that was listed for the cube camera, it was a bit vague, so could you tell us what options there will be and is it hackable for more fun.[Image: wink.png]

If you looked up the camera on the product page it has changed. They had to move away from the serial camera due to some issues and moved back to a parallel camera. So the CSI Sony iMX179 8MP is now a CIF OV5640 5MP camera.

But I would be curious to know too if there are plans for a threaded lens mount or if it will have some type of built-in lens with some expected FOV and other values.

The main decision on switching MiPi-CSI Sony iMX179 to CIF OV5460 is due to lacking of Mainline MiPi-CSI driver :-(