PINE64

Full Version: Install OS on RAID1 thanks to dual SATA board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was a busy weekend, so no real progress. But I'm thinking the bootloader doesn't support this configuration, or needs to be configured differently. Some cursory examination of the filesystem didn't reveal what bootloader is being used. (Perhaps having a monitor attached will help! I will be doing that, when I get a chance.)

My understanding of bootloaders is limited, I guess, because I don't understand why the bootloader needs to understand the root filesystem. It just loads the kernel and passes some information about where to look, and then the kernel decodes the filesystem, or so I thought. Or maybe that's true, and any bootloader can be configured to pass the correct information to the kernel.
I figured it out! I updated the list of steps above with the fix.

The gist of it is that "btrfs device scan" must be run before a multi-device btrfs filesystem can be mounted. I don't know why this is the case, but it is. See: https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/...e_scanning

From there, it was just a matter of figuring out how to get this command to be run before the root filesystem is mounted. I used initramfs-tools to cause a simple script to be run on bootup to do this. For that to take effect, the initramfs image has to be updated. See the updated steps in my earlier post for exactly how to do it.

If you follow my steps, please let me know how it turns out!
Thank you.
I hope it will helps many.
I'll let you know when I'll try.
Pages: 1 2