PINE64

Full Version: [Archived] New Releases from ayufan! (0.6.XX)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone, I've recently gotten a Rock64 with 4gb of ram and an eMMC drive. I've flashed the latest image of Debian Stretch Minimal 0.6.44-239-arm64 straight to the eMMC using Etcher. Everything loads fine, but when I boot the device it gets to the login prompt just fine until I start typing then it goes crazy evey time I press a key (any key) i get an error message. Please i need help with this I have no idea what to do from here.. I'm adding a screen shot of the errors I see.

link to img on google drive
(06-16-2018, 03:19 PM)motion86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I've recently gotten a Rock64 with 4gb of ram and an eMMC drive. I've flashed the latest image of Debian Stretch Minimal 0.6.44-239-arm64 straight to the eMMC using Etcher. Everything loads fine, but when I boot the device it gets to the login prompt just fine until I start typing then it goes crazy evey time I press a key (any key) i get an error message. Please i need help with this I have no idea what to do from here.. I'm adding a screen shot of the errors I see.

It's a known bug in that build. You can ignore it as it's a warning or similar, or you can use ssh or you can sudo nano /etc/sysctl.conf uncomment the kernel.printk line and set it to 4 4 1 7 and then reboot.
(06-16-2018, 05:11 PM)evilbunny Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2018, 03:19 PM)motion86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I've recently gotten a Rock64 with 4gb of ram and an eMMC drive. I've flashed the latest image of Debian Stretch Minimal 0.6.44-239-arm64 straight to the eMMC using Etcher. Everything loads fine, but when I boot the device it gets to the login prompt just fine until I start typing then it goes crazy evey time I press a key (any key) i get an error message. Please i need help with this I have no idea what to do from here.. I'm adding a screen shot of the errors I see.

It's a known bug in that build. You can ignore it as it's a warning or similar, or you can use ssh or you can sudo nano /etc/sysctl.conf uncomment the kernel.printk line and set it to 4 4 1 7 and then reboot.

Thanks evilbunny I was able to SSH into the rock64.. still gotta check if i can use a regular keyboard tho..
(06-27-2018, 10:10 PM)motion86 Wrote: [ -> ]still gotta check if i can use a regular keyboard tho..

Edit /etc/sysctl.conf and make the changes listed in my previous post.
(06-06-2018, 08:36 PM)t4_4t Wrote: [ -> ]> Has anyone gotten 0.6.46 or higher to run on the rock64? Any ideas?
I've installed 
Code:
bionic-lxde-rock64-0.6.44-239-arm64.img
and it works like a dream, thanks, on my rock64 4gb. I've even had mythtv backend running, which I thought was not possible on an ARM64 CPU. There are a few problems with mythtv but just to get it running is quite an achievement. 
Maybe 0.6.46 is not quite ready yet.
(06-30-2018, 12:15 PM)gregb49 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2018, 08:36 PM)t4_4t Wrote: [ -> ]> Has anyone gotten 0.6.46 or higher to run on the rock64? Any ideas?
I've installed 
Code:
bionic-lxde-rock64-0.6.44-239-arm64.img
and it works like a dream, thanks, on my rock64 4gb. I've even had mythtv backend running, which I thought was not possible on an ARM64 CPU. There are a few problems with mythtv but just to get it running is quite an achievement. 
Maybe 0.6.46 is not quite ready yet.

Just posted this information regardin release and pre-release os images, do read Smile
Actually I cant download anything from github repo.. just drops download, even from Pine installer.

PS: I want dockerized bionic which is not in the list of pine installer
Thread locked and archived. New release is 0.7.8 - discussion on the Rock64 0.7.8 release and future 0.7.X releases can be found here
Pages: 1 2 3 4