PINE64

Full Version: Any OS for 2K Monitor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello dear Pine64 Users,

First of all i want to say that i am new here and also with Pine64+ (1gb) version.

I have a 2K resolution 165 Hertz monitor from Omen (gaming brand of HP). When i plug my Pine with HDMI i can't get any signal on my display. I tried the monitor with other devices such as Macbook Pro via HDMI and it's totally fine.

Which operation system can supply 2560x1440p resolution? I mean i don't need that high resolution but Full HD is not working with my display. 

How can i use my Pine? Any support will be fancastic. Thank you!
One of the recent pre-release Bionic images as well as LibreELEC both support high resolutions and higher refresh rates than 60hz. However, the Bionic image at 2k 144hz makes for a poor Desktop experience (I have a similar monitor - the SOC can't pull it off), but LibreELEC works great.

Sorry, thought I was posting in the Rock64 section.
i get 1920x1080 [full HD] on my pine64 64A 2GB board when it is properly declared in uEnv.txt. my understanding is that 1920x1080 is full HD. also, 1920x1080 as you can see is just short of 2,000 pixels wide and could be considered 2K. 2560x1440 is more commonly [in my neck of the woods] called 1440p. as you can see it is actually 2.5K you might contact ayufan in chat and check if a 1440p works and if so how to configure, as Luke mentioned it is sorta not desktop screen, especially @ 165Hz.
(02-19-2018, 02:07 PM)dkryder Wrote: [ -> ]i get 1920x1080 [full HD] on my pine64 64A 2GB board when it is properly declared in uEnv.txt. my understanding is that 1920x1080 is full HD. also, 1920x1080 as you can see is just short of 2,000 pixels wide and could be considered 2K. 2560x1440 is more commonly [in my neck of the woods] called 1440p. as you can see it is actually 2.5K you might contact ayufan in chat and check if a 1440p works and if so how to configure, as Luke mentioned it is sorta not desktop screen, especially @ 165Hz.

Thank you for your answer. I don't need to run at 165HZ, i just want to be able to use my Pine64 with my current display. I am the one who bought when it was a project on Kickstarter. Since then i couldn't use my board properly. At the early days (when i have full hd display) we were out of the OS. Now i see some pretty OS but can not get any signal to my display. My board is getting decay day by day in my drawer.  

*I also wanted to use it as a headless board with OpenMediaVault but i got error when i try to mount the usb drive. 
*Then tried to flash with Volumio to stream music via Airplay from iPhone and Macbook, it has a backround noise like (hissss) and also if you turn up the volume like almost more than 25% you backround noise kills the music.

I will try to contact with Ayufan and update the post with what i learned. Please, any idea will be nice.

Thank you.