PINE64

Full Version: Couple questions about the ayufan releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently performed a dist-upgrade to the newest stretch 0.6.3 release from yesterday and happy to report successful HDMI output  Big Grin I just have two lingering questions... 

1- I started with an earlier ayufan release, and I notice each release is accompanied with downloadable Debian packages on github, such as linux-headers, Linux-firmware, Linux-libc... are all of these included in each release of the stretch image by default and will they be auto updated with the dist-upgrade, or should I be manually downloading and installing these?

2 - Does this build support reading boot settings from a custom /boot/config.txt? It's not there by default, and I'm not sure that the settings I'm putting in that file I created are having any effect, so I wanted to check if they are supposed to be getting applied or if there's somewhere else I should be changing  HDMI settings and other boot configurations. 

Thanks in advance for any replies, and thanks ayufan for the awesome work.
I think for 1- ayufan is the one to answer the question, but I believe 0.6.x pre-release images do not get automatic package upgrades, as for 2- config.txt is entirely RPi specific or even specific to your flavour of OS image you run. I prefer and promote using on-board linux mechanisms wherever possible - hardware configuration changes via devicetree (overlays) for example.
Thanks for the quick reply! Hopefully ayufan comments back on when someone should and should not manually install those extra packages listed.

As for boot config, I had no idea that was rpi specific, thank you for that! I'm still learning a lot here. So I'm avoiding the desktop environment for now and sticking to command line, what config commands will work for HDMI configurations without a desktop? For example, forcing HDMI audio, ignoring hot-plug and always outputting thru HDMI, manually setting the default resolution, etc... Xrandr was giving an error about not finding the display... and will the settings persist or do I have to create a startup script to apply after a reboot?
(12-20-2017, 11:08 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply! Hopefully ayufan comments back on when someone should and should not manually install those extra packages listed.

As for boot config, I had no idea that was rpi specific, thank you for that! I'm still learning a lot here. So I'm avoiding the desktop environment for now and sticking to command line, what config commands will work for HDMI configurations without a desktop? For example, forcing HDMI audio, ignoring hot-plug and always outputting thru HDMI, manually setting the default resolution, etc... Xrandr was giving an error about not finding the display... and will the settings persist or do I have to create a startup script to apply after a reboot?

What about using kernel boot params?
Something like video=HDMI-A:1920x1080@60D
Please double check syntax.

Cheers
Claudia