PINE64

Full Version: Ubuntu System Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was just wondering how one would go about upgrading the Ubuntu version. I did, and then it failed to boot, but I'm not sure whether it's a U-Boot problem or an OS problem. I don't believe the kernel would have been upgraded in the system-wide upgrade when the kernel in use is from the Pinebook PPA, but I'm not really sure.

If one were to upgrade the system, assuming all drivers and such would work, what other work would be required before the system was at least operable (with graphical environment)?
(10-20-2017, 11:11 AM)sheeponmeth Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I was just wondering how one would go about upgrading the Ubuntu version. I did, and then it failed to boot, but I'm not sure whether it's a U-Boot problem or an OS problem. I don't believe the kernel would have been upgraded in the system-wide upgrade when the kernel in use is from the Pinebook PPA, but I'm not really sure.

If one were to upgrade the system, assuming all drivers and such would work, what other work would be required before the system was at least operable (with graphical environment)?

To upgrade the kernel, packages and uboot to newest versions use scripts in usr/loca/sbin 

For the newest pre-release: 
Code:
sudo ./pine64_update_kernel.sh 0.7.19
sudo ./pine64_update_uboot.sh 0.7.19
sudo ./pine64_update_package.sh 0.7.19