PINE64

Full Version: Pinebook browser performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi pine community,
For android image
Can anyone tell the reason behind poor performance of chrome (or any other) browser mostly during video playing ( VLC player's output is nice )?
Is there any solution?
(07-06-2017, 05:35 AM)advait Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pine community,
For android image
Can anyone tell the reason behind poor performance of chrome (or any other) browser mostly during video playing ( VLC player's output is nice )?
Is there any solution?

Poor performance on android in browser / video playback ? slow SD Card is the only thing I can think of. If you want android then flash it to eMMC.
(07-06-2017, 06:40 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
For android image
Is there any solution?

Poor performance on android in browser / video playback ? slow SD Card is the only thing I can think of. If you want android then flash it to eMMC.

Huh  Android 6 is booting from eMMC but still having low performance in android animations,browsing and youtube app also.
(07-06-2017, 07:10 AM)advait Wrote: [ -> ]
For android image
Is there any solution?

Huh  Android 6 is booting from eMMC but still having low performance in android animations,browsing and youtube app also.

Ah yes, I forgot about the A6 build. You probably want to use one of the A7.1 builds that have considerably better performance and more features (e.g. Split-screen). To learn how to install A7.1 to eMMC see my guideline in this thread
(07-06-2017, 08:32 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2017, 07:10 AM)advait Wrote: [ -> ]
For android image
Is there any solution?

Ah yes, I forgot about the A6 build. You probably want to use one of the A7.1 builds that have considerably better performance and more features (e.g. Split-screen). To learn how to install A7.1 to eMMC see my guideline in this thread

Hi
Update:
I installed A7.1 build but it seems to have same issues for youtube and glitchy browsing.Is there an fps issue for browsers and android animation.Apps animation is also glitchy.
I tested a game( angry birds) it runs smoothly.
Temperature of pinebook is also 70+ (degrees)
Try Asphalt, Minecraft Pocket Edition and Open VPN. Allot issues and not good performance. Also without Remix OS it doesn't make sense to stay on Android at all.
does remix OS use any kind of desktop ui hardware acceleration
or video decoder for video playing in browser