PINE64

Full Version: Wifi applet after resume from suspend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You need a broader test base. If it works for two and not one, that's a terrible sample size. Are people in the IRC room experiencing this error on unsuspend?
Sorry all - I am mistaken.

The problem I am having is with the nm-applet icon being stuck as the two arrows (ethernet connetion?) after resuming from suspend. The wifi connection continues to work fine, however I can't see the list of AP's etc.

Killing and starting another nm-applet process fixes the issue.

Sorry for the confusion. Smile

M.
thanks for posting;

... the wifi (nm) gets grumpy when suspended;  if you think about it, it doesn't even make sense!

I would stop the wifi (nm) connection, then suspend;  after wake, resume the connection;
(06-30-2017, 11:34 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for posting;

... the wifi (nm) gets grumpy when suspended;  if you think about it, it doesn't even make sense!

I would stop the wifi (nm) connection, then suspend;  after wake, resume the connection;

I have this issue as well but see spinny globes (i have changed to the mate dark theme so it may have different icons) as opposed to the ethernet double arrows. No wifi networks are visible and re-enabling/restarting wifi through the applet doesn't have any effect. This is happening for me on my as up to date pinebook without being the knife of the bleeding edge.

While the above user trick/process might work well, expecting users to change their behaviour will just annoy them. People coming from OSX and things "just working" (except when they really don't), (and likely some other mainstream systems,) are likely to get grumpy about having to manually do things a computer should "just get right".

have enabled the restart script - too soon to tell how well it works.
Pages: 1 2