PINE64

Full Version: Z-Wave US module with adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Z-Wave US module that plugs into an adapter that plugs into the Pi-2 bus.

This is probably answered somewhere but my searches are saturated with irrelevant Z-Wave EU information and I'm lost.  How do I use the US module?  Is it hanging off a serial port?  What software can I use to get it working?

Thanks.
(01-03-2017, 10:42 PM)aegrotatio Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Z-Wave US module that plugs into an adapter that plugs into the Pi-2 bus.

This is probably answered somewhere but my searches are saturated with irrelevant Z-Wave EU information and I'm lost.  How do I use the US module?  Is it hanging off a serial port?  What software can I use to get it working?

Thanks.

Yes, the Z-Wave module is accessed via uart(2)  /dev/ttyS2   (  it is a serial device  )

You can talk to the module via serial protocol manually,  and you can use a serial software package to talk to the module ( point the software at /dev/ttyS2 )

( /dev/ttyS2   uart(2) is on the PI bus )

notes:

Z-Wave Public Specification

OpenHab is probably the best way to get Z-Wave running on the pine board.

Excellent, thanks.
I got it working using the special "OpenHAB" image for PINE A64 and it works fine now.  I would have liked to get the Z-Wave module working with a more generic image distribution, but too many JNI object files were compiled for 32-bit ARM instead of 64-bit ARM and I lost interest in trying to find the source code and recompile them for 64-bit ARM.

Thanks again!!