PINE64

Full Version: HDMI 1024 x 600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a HDMI display that is 1024x600 that I want to use on the pine64+ 2GB system running Debian 20160701. I tried Longsleep's tool sunxi-disp-tool but as far as I know it does not support it. Any ideas on how I can do this?
Thanks,
Mus1c
Its not a matter of sunxi-disp-tool as it can set all resolutions which are supported by the disp2 driver. For Pine64 this is a subset of - https://github.com/longsleep/sunxi-disp-...go#L13-L44 - look into the kernel driver source for the exact values. Other resolutions would need to be added to the kernel driver (some parts are closed source).
Okay, baby steps, I ran some commands starting with:
1. sunxi-disp-tool switch -name 1024x600
2. sunxi-disp-tool switch -mode 0x1f
3. sunxi-disp-tool switch -mode 0xffff
4. sunxi-disp-tool switch -mode 0xe
Does it need to be added? Am I doing this all wrong?
I'm sorry about my inexperience. All my knowledge on linux is based on trial and error or following the directions.
What longsleep wanted to say it that 1024x600 is not a resolution that is supported by the current HDMI driver.
I really hate being this newbie guy. Could it be possible in a future driver update? I just want to know if I need to return it to amazon or not. If it is time is irrelevant, just knowing it is a possibility assures me it will be a good investment.