PINE64

Full Version: How to open Playbox with screen installed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got around to trying to put together the parts I bought through the Kickstarter campaign. I'm missing the long touch screen ribbon cable that's supposed to come with the Playbox, so I decided to call it a night and closed up the box... with the screen installed. It didn't occur to me until that instant that there are no slots in the Playbox to push a tool to disengage the tabs that hold the it together. Does anyone know an easy trick to re-open the Playbox without just prying it apart?
(12-02-2016, 09:52 PM)LAPine Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got around to trying to put together the parts I bought through the Kickstarter campaign. I'm missing the long touch screen ribbon cable that's supposed to come with the Playbox, so I decided to call it a night and closed up the box... with the screen installed. It didn't occur to me until that instant that there are no slots in the Playbox to push a tool to disengage the tabs that hold the it together. Does anyone know an easy trick to re-open the Playbox without just prying it apart?

Carefully use a dremel tool and place a very small hole at each tab point;  be careful to not drill through the tab !!

Then, use a paper clip to push the tab via the hole just drilled !
I used a credit card.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
(12-02-2016, 11:31 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2016, 09:52 PM)LAPine Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got around to trying to put together the parts I bought through the Kickstarter campaign. I'm missing the long touch screen ribbon cable that's supposed to come with the Playbox, so I decided to call it a night and closed up the box... with the screen installed. It didn't occur to me until that instant that there are no slots in the Playbox to push a tool to disengage the tabs that hold the it together. Does anyone know an easy trick to re-open the Playbox without just prying it apart?

Carefully use a dremel tool and place a very small hole at each tab point;  be careful to not drill through the tab !!

Then, use a paper clip to push the tab via the hole just drilled !

I ended up using a small cutting bit to plunge cut some holes in the case. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk