PINE64

Full Version: LCD Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone been able to find any large LCD screens that utilize the MIPI connection that the Pine has? I have been looking around, but can't seem to find anything. Also, any idea how large of a screen the Pine can drive without requiring an external power source?
(02-09-2016, 10:21 AM)MikeJewski Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone been able to find any large LCD screens that utilize the MIPI connection that the Pine has? I have been looking around, but can't seem to find anything. Also, any idea how large of a screen the Pine can drive without requiring an external power source?

The Pine utilises a DSI interface to connect the screen to the PCB. You may have more luck searching for DSI monitor/LCD/screen than MIPI. Not sure how 'plug and play' buying a screen would be regarding drivers and compatibility and stuff.

As to screen size limit before needing external power, I don't know how the power is allocated/managed for different parts of the board. I'm fairly sure that the size of the screen is not as important as the power the screen consumes. You could have a small, inefficient screen. Or a large yet efficient one. Though logic would argue that in general a bigger screen would consume more power.