PINE64

Full Version: Popsicle stick monitor stand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the pine64's HDMI port doesn't support my monitor's screen resolution, once MackPi figured out how to enable the LCD screen in Linux, I went ahead and ordered 3 of the touchscreens. Sure, they're a bit small, but you can't beat the price.

For my mini-desktop machine, I needed something to hold the screen up at the correct viewing angle. I started with a little plastic ipod holder which worked a little, but kept getting knocked down. Next I worked at making something out of cardboard. That would have worked, had I been able to locate some zip ties to attach the screen. But while looking through my garage for the zip ties, I found a box of craft sticks (popsicle sticks) and my mind started working.

I ended up making a mini-monitor stand out of the popsicle sticks, some hot glue, and rubber bands. It actually works really well! Here are some pictures of it:

[attachment=604]

[attachment=605]

[attachment=606]

That project ended up being pretty fun and easy, so now I'm thinking of making an entire case out of the sticks. I'm imagining making something that folds into a box when not being used, but opens up into something like a mini-netbook. If I can make it work, I'll be looking for a small wooden keyboard and mouse to go with it.

Chris
Creative Big Grin
That's what I'm talking about.

Smile
I finished the popsicle stick case (the pine shack). Also purchased a bamboo keyboard and mouse to match (sort of).

Here it is in action:
[attachment=622]

Side view:
[attachment=623]

And it closes up when not in use:
[attachment=624]

It's too bad Pine doesn't have stickers to decorate it with.

One more picture of the inside:
[attachment=625]
(11-03-2016, 03:34 PM)psychedup Wrote: [ -> ]I finished the popsicle stick case (the pine shack). Also purchased a bamboo keyboard and mouse to match (sort of).

Here it is in action:

Side view:

And it closes up when not in use:

It's too bad Pine doesn't have stickers to decorate it with.

One more picture of the inside:
Seems PINE64 sticker is a popular request and we will produce some.
Some high resolution pine backgrounds would be nice too... js
Now that's awesome!