PINE64

Full Version: Geographical location setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Google-Fu must be weak today. With a lot of help from the forum I have at least temporarily got the Play Store running, and down loaded & installed UKTV Play. All good EXCEPT that UKTV Play does not think I am in the UK and I should change device settings accordingly. But I can't find any settings that DON'T think I am in the UK. Am I missing something obvious ? I am set for the UK time zone & Google knows where I am  :-)
(10-20-2016, 05:45 AM)Jessica Spongekipper Wrote: [ -> ]My Google-Fu must be weak today. With a lot of help from the forum I have at least temporarily got the Play Store running, and down loaded & installed UKTV Play. All good EXCEPT that UKTV Play does not think I am in the UK and I should change device settings accordingly. But I can't find any settings that DON'T think I am in the UK. Am I missing something obvious ? I am set for the UK time zone & Google knows where I am  :-)

Obviously time and TZ are important... but also perhaps your IP address ?

... are you using a VPN so that it looks like your IP host is elsewhere ( like you were hiding? ) I do this deliberately at times to look like I'm in London ( for instance ) when I'm really still sitting here is Minnesota !
(10-21-2016, 04:15 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2016, 05:45 AM)Jessica Spongekipper Wrote: [ -> ]My Google-Fu must be weak today. With a lot of help from the forum I have at least temporarily got the Play Store running, and down loaded & installed UKTV Play. All good EXCEPT that UKTV Play does not think I am in the UK and I should change device settings accordingly. But I can't find any settings that DON'T think I am in the UK. Am I missing something obvious ? I am set for the UK time zone & Google knows where I am  :-)

... are you using a VPN so that it looks like your IP host is elsewhere ( like you were hiding? )  I do this deliberately at times to look like I'm in London ( for instance ) when I'm really still sitting here is Minnesota !

Standard UK type address and UK based provider. And no VPN   :-) Only seems to be a problem with the Pine. Works fine on my 'phone.
(10-22-2016, 03:44 AM)Jessica Spongekipper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2016, 04:15 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]

... are you using a VPN so that it looks like your IP host is elsewhere ( like you were hiding? )  I do this deliberately at times to look like I'm in London ( for instance ) when I'm really still sitting here is Minnesota !

Standard UK type address and UK based provider. And no VPN   :-) Only seems to be a problem with the Pine. Works fine on my 'phone.

Did you figure this out eventually? I'm in the same bother.