PINE64

Full Version: Howto: Getting Bluetooth (serial console) working on Debian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-01-2016, 09:06 PM)pfeerick Wrote: [ -> ]hm... on the Debian Mate build, Lenny had already set up all the Bluetooth stuff out of the box... IIRC, there was just a single command you needed to run, and that was the last bit of info in the readme that was on the desktop. I'll see if I still have the image on a card, and see what the command was.

Yes, it appears that way to me as well. There is the BT icon on the top panel of Mate with a drop down menu. I clicked around on a few of the menu items when I first set things up, and it appeared to not really do anything. Since I didn't have any BT devices I wanted to use at the time I didn't pursue it, as I assumed it needed further attention to enable it, when the time came (now) .

It is entirely possible that I overlooked a readme somewhere, but I don't recall seeing anything like that on the desktop.
(12-02-2016, 03:58 AM)HayseedGeek Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it appears that way to me as well. There is the BT icon on the top panel of Mate with a drop down menu. I clicked around on a few of the menu items when I first set things up, and it appeared to not really do anything. Since I didn't have any BT devices I wanted to use at the time I didn't pursue it, as I assumed it needed further attention to enable it, when the time came (now) .

It is entirely possible that I overlooked a readme somewhere, but I don't recall seeing anything like that on the desktop.

I'm afraid you did... or deleted it! :-O

Anyway, the pertinent bit was:

Quote:For those of you who have the bluetooth/wifi module
please active the Bluetooth Service via terminal by
executing the following

sudo -i
systemctl enable bluetooth-module.service
reboot
(12-02-2016, 04:16 AM)pfeerick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid you did... or deleted it! :-O

Anyway, the pertinent bit was:

Quote:For those of you who have the bluetooth/wifi module
please active the Bluetooth Service via terminal by
executing the following

sudo -i
systemctl enable bluetooth-module.service
reboot

A rather significant miss on my part. Blush  Thanks for the point in the right direction.
(12-02-2016, 01:03 PM)HayseedGeek Wrote: [ -> ]A rather significant miss on my part. Blush  Thanks for the point in the right direction.

Don't thank me until you say it works... I could be leading you down the garden path!! Tongue Dodgy  Please let me know if it works! Smile
Hello,

Maybe this is a bit outdated, but i'll give it a try.
I have installed the Bt and while the service is running i get the message:

#power on
No default controller availlable. <--------- ??
#agent on
Agent registered
#default-agent
Default agent request successful

I do see a blue Bt icon but can't connect to any device.
Pages: 1 2