PINE64

Full Version: Battery and the PlayBox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess I stumbled upon why the enclosure and battery werent in any bundles together.

Anyone tried to put it into the playbox? What did you do? Velcro it to the back or something?

Is there an enclosure for the LCD Touchscreen and the battery (and heck, maybe even the Z-Wave for those who got squeezed for space there too).
(09-07-2016, 05:05 AM)JoeHz Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone tried to put it into the playbox? What did you do? Velcro it to the back or something?

Yes, velcro is the trick.

... also, look into the new plastic velcro... no fabric is involved;  plan it carefully... and then stick the velcro down and the battery will not slide around-- works really well.
(09-07-2016, 05:09 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2016, 05:05 AM)JoeHz Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone tried to put it into the playbox? What did you do? Velcro it to the back or something?

... also, look into the new plastic velcro... no fabric is involved;  plan it carefully... and then stick the velcro down and the battery will not slide around-- works really well.

And how do you open the playbox now that the screen is blocking the route you used the first time? Big Grin
(09-07-2016, 05:22 AM)JoeHz Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2016, 05:09 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]

And how do you open the playbox now that the screen is blocking the route you used the first time? Big Grin

... a very thin blade.  Its similar to opening the mac mini , if you've ever done that... actually, I have no idea what the designer was thinking with this stupid playbox... makes no sense what-so-ever  (and, I'm the positive guy around here) !!!

sheeesh... its absolutely hilarious-- the guy should be sacked.  Just, fire him (or her, as the case might be)
Well, youre certainly being helpful.

I'm now at the point I'm in an endless cycle of booting and rebooting.

I get as far as "Starting Apps" and it shuts off. I'm thinking I need a different Android image, but this was the one that got the touchscreen to actually function at all.

Ideas?
(09-07-2016, 06:03 AM)JoeHz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, youre certainly being helpful.

I'm now at the point I'm in an endless cycle of booting and rebooting.

I get as far as "Starting Apps" and it shuts off. I'm thinking I need a different Android image, but this was the one that got the touchscreen to actually function at all.

Ideas?

This little snag is usually caused by a faulty power supply...  make sure its 5v 2500ma  2.5A  and would be even better running on the battery totally.  make sure all the connections are tight...
You can also use servo tape. That's double sided tape with a cushion layer in between. It's use in rc cars, planes, boats. It's easy to remove if needed and does not leave a sticky mess if you remove it.