PINE64

Full Version: Possible to add a boot logo for boot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if its possible to add a boot image to the image if its possible with the stock image and if so how id have to go about that?
I'm sure the was some mention of this by longsleep in one of the threads about either ubuntu or the kernel.. I'll see if I can find it again for you. I seem to remember it being a simple patch needed for to be made to uboot to enable this, so it was added... but I'm probably remembering it wrong! Dodgy
Ok, so on this thread there was a request for a custom boot logo (specifically pine cones... no idea why they'd want that! Big Grin ) ... longsleep added the necessary support patches, and it looks like this pull request list the steps needed to get create the logos / put them in the right place. Haven't tried it myself... but the author said it works... so it sounds promising!!!
(08-27-2016, 10:06 PM)pfeerick Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so on this thread there was a request for a custom boot logo (specifically pine cones... no idea why they'd want that! Big Grin ) ... longsleep added the necessary support patches, and it looks like this pull request list the steps needed to get create the logos / put them in the right place. Haven't tried it myself... but the author said it works... so it sounds promising!!!

Indeed it does work !  In fact, the new Gentoo image we are experimenting with lately has the four small pine cones prominently displayed !   ... as well, the drm patch is included in that kernel , so the formerly dysfunctional fbcon cursor is now once again also prominently displayed on the ctrl-alt-F1-F6 consoles !
awesome guys TY TY