PINE64

Full Version: PinePhone Dock with laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering if anyone can help out. I have a Pinephone and an older version of the dock, however, I am in a remote location and need an ethernet port on my laptop. When plugging in the Pinedock into my laptop, the USB ports seem to work fine, but there is no power on the Ethernet port. Is there any way to make the dock worth on a laptop with Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Can you try booting a GNU/Linux live image on your laptop? Any distro will do, really. Just put the live image onto an empty (or emptiable, i.e., with no important data on it) USB stick and boot it. If the distro recognizes the Ethernet port, you will know that it is a driver issue and that you need to find a Windows driver for the device if you want it to work under Windows. If it also does not work in GNU/Linux, then it is likely a hardware incompatibility.
(12-03-2023, 10:15 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try booting a GNU/Linux live image on your laptop? Any distro will do, really. Just put the live image onto an empty (or emptiable, i.e., with no important data on it) USB stick and boot it. If the distro recognizes the Ethernet port, you will know that it is a driver issue and that you need to find a Windows driver for the device if you want it to work under Windows. If it also does not work in GNU/Linux, then it is likely a hardware incompatibility.

Good idea... I have a Linux distro here somewhere on a separate SSD... Thanks for the suggestion. No luck on a Windows driver... but that would be awesome if I could find one.