PINE64

Full Version: A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In order to recover from the unmaintained Manjaro Plasma distribution for the Pinephone Pro, I attempted to convert the Manjaro distribution to use the DanctNIX Arch repositories. But, although I found a cookbook list of steps to convert from Manjaro, the cookbook did not specify correctly how to renew the Arch keys. And I am not sure if the DanctNIX repository is included.

So I did not persist, and then gave Rhino Linux a tryout.

The keyboard symbols became a priority for me, so I tried to fix the issue on the Mobian Phosh partition. I could only manage to fix the missing symbols on the Linux console screens.

Next, I installed a btrfs image of DanctNIX SXMO for the Pinephone Pro. The main partition needed extension using gparted on a USB connection, and the btrfs format had to be explicitly extended. The complete re-installation of the Arch keys was needed. The required Zathura package was not preinstalled, and Megapixels and Surf do not work. The btrfs snapshots are not preconfigured. A bluetooth mouse will not install, but it is kind of an alien idea to SXMO.

But the keyboard symbols work!
(10-08-2023, 12:40 PM)mburns Wrote: [ -> ]In order to recover from the unmaintained Manjaro Plasma distribution for the Pinephone Pro, I attempted to convert the Manjaro distribution to use the DanctNIX Arch repositories. But, although I found a cookbook list of steps to convert from Manjaro, the cookbook did not specify correctly how to renew the Arch keys. And I am not sure if the DanctNIX repository is included.

So I did not persist, and then gave Rhino Linux a tryout.

The keyboard symbols became a priority for me, so I tried to fix the issue on the Mobian Phosh partition. I could only manage to fix the missing symbols on the Linux console screens.

Next, I installed a btrfs image of DanctNIX SXMO for the Pinephone Pro. The main partition needed extension using gparted on a USB connection, and the btrfs format had to be explicitly extended. The complete re-installation of the Arch keys was needed. The required Zathura package was not preinstalled, and Megapixels and Surf do not work. The btrfs snapshots are not preconfigured. A bluetooth mouse will not install, but it is kind of an alien idea to SXMO.

But the keyboard symbols work!

Arch keys are generated by
Code:
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux

Then you should sync the packages and update the keyring
Code:
sudo pacman -Sy
sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring

Then do a whole system update
Code:
sudo pacman -Syu

If you need to add the DanctNIX repository. Add it to the /etc/pacman.conf
Source: https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...nf.aarch64
Code:
$sudo nano /etc/pacman/conf
#Add these line to the bottom of the file
[danctnix]
Server = https://p64.arikawa-hi.me/aarch64/danctnix/

Then you should sync the packages again
The mouse problem was apparently my fault. I did not setup the mouse correctly for pairing.