PINE64

Full Version: Battery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody else having issue that battery seems to run down rapidly, and the "charging. Time to full charge" estimates are really long?

I have a dell tablet with the same plug in charging port. The wall plug in charging chord charges my tablet in about 30 minutes. When I plug the same chord into the pinetab I get a "time to fully charged" estimate of 7 hours or more! My battery is listed as "battery_rk817" I believe.

Anyone else noticed this?
Which PineTab do you have 2 or V?
Which OS img are you running? Is it up-to-date?
What are your power settings?

I can't say I've had any noticeable issue with power drain on my PT2 running Danctnix
I am not sure this is related to your issue, but I observed the battery status indicator sometimes goes wrong. Once during extensively using of PineTab2 under factory DanctNIX image (+ updates), the battery status from around 90% got to 15% in less than 2 hours of extensive use (the estimates drain time was about 5-6 hours). After that I left the PineTab2 switched off over the night, without charging it, and with the intention to re-charge it the next morning. But suddenly in the morning the battery status was 60%, this time reported by Mobian. Well, I put it to charging, but after some time the indicator was still the same. I unlocked the screen, then locked it and voila: the status jumped to 73%. I repeated the same action several times with some interval between attempts and it acted the same until reached 100%.