PINE64

Full Version: Battery issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I installed pmos on my pp yesterday, the phone recognizes battery empty at 15% and sutsdown, tested on 3 cycles. What can i do to fix it?
(07-16-2023, 01:21 PM)user641 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I installed pmos on my pp yesterday, the phone recognizes battery empty at 15% and sutsdown, tested on 3 cycles. What can i do to fix it?

If I remember correctly you can change the values from this config file:
/etc/UPower/UPower.conf
But I don't have pmos phone with me right now but I am quite sure that it should work.

Inside that file there is something like this:
Code:
    PercentageLow=30
    PercentageCritical=15
    PercentageAction=15

And if you changet that PercentageAction for example to 5 then the shutdown will happen in 5%.

Or if you did mean that the battery level is shown wrong then you can for example charge it overnight and see if it helps?
(07-17-2023, 03:34 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2023, 01:21 PM)user641 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I installed pmos on my pp yesterday, the phone recognizes battery empty at 15% and sutsdown, tested on 3 cycles. What can i do to fix it?

If I remember correctly you can change the values from this config file:
/etc/UPower/UPower.conf
But I don't have pmos phone with me right now but I am quite sure that it should work.

Inside that file there is something like this:
Code:
    PercentageLow=30
    PercentageCritical=15
    PercentageAction=15

And if you changet that PercentageAction for example to 5 then the shutdown will happen in 5%.

Or if you did mean that the battery level is shown wrong then you can for example charge it overnight and see if it helps?

Found it and changed it. Thanks, but why not set it to 0 instead of 5? Does it damages the battery?
(07-17-2023, 08:01 AM)user641 Wrote: [ -> ]Found it and changed it. Thanks, but why not set it to 0 instead of 5? Does it damages the battery?

Because you don't want to drain your battery to 0%. If you do so PP/PPP does not boot and sometimes you even have to use external battery charger to get the phone booting.

So leave it at least to 3% and if the phone goes off then charge it before you boot it Smile