PINE64

Full Version: Calls/Texts and External Monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I received my PinePhone in Oct22, I've tried several distributions and have been impressed by how they have slowly matured. I can almost rely on the PPhone as my daily 'phone.

My requirements are reliable calls/texts plus I would like to use my PPhone with an external monitor. That is where I have had problems. My favourite OS is UBPorts but it doesn't appear to support an external monitor neither do some of the others.
[Image: 23u-manj-phosh2.jpg]
Manjaro Phosh does but is almost unuseable (see photos 1&2) as trying to get both screens to show the same or to just switch to an external monitor seems impossible.
[Image: 23u-manj-phosh.jpg]
I'm trying Majaro Plasma as it appears to be the OS that is being shipped with new PPhones. Manjaro Plasma seems to be almost there but has some quirks that I'm trying to struggle through. I hope this is not because I am using an Amazon dock rather than the Pine64 dock.
[Image: 23u-manj-plasma.jpg]
Is there a recommended distro (July 23) that gives 'phone reliability and a good dock experience?

[Image: 23u-manj-plasma2.jpg]