PINE64

Full Version: where are the message notification ringtones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to increase the volume (over 20 dB louder) when I receive a text message, but leave the phone notifcation
volume alone.  I do not see how I can do this in the setting (if possible, I must be blind - please tell me how).

So now, I want to increase the ringtones for message notification.  Where is it?

I already noticed

/usr/share/sounds/gnome/default/alerts/click.ogg
/usr/share/sounds/gnome/default/alerts/string.ogg
/usr/share/sounds/gnome/default/alerts/swing.ogg
/usr/share/sounds/gnome/default/alerts/hum.ogg

and increased the volume.  But these files do not get used for text notification (if they can, I must be blind - please
tell me how).  Instead I hear a  soft buzz whenever I receive a text.  Where is it?  I already searched for all the wav,
mp3, ogg, au, and raw files.

Fyi, I have the 32GB community edition Pinephone which was recently discontinued.  And postmarketOS v22.12 (haven't
update to newer version yet).

Thank in advanced for any help/tip.

Sheng-Chieh
Any tips or things to try?

Are there any music files extension I should try searching for?  I already tried wav, mp3, ogg, au, and raw files.

Are there any "sound-making" console commands that I can "grep" for?

Are there other groups (beside this forum) I can ask this question?

Sheng-Chieh
(06-26-2023, 11:54 AM)shengchieh Wrote: [ -> ]Any tips or things to try?

Are there any music files extension I should try searching for?  I already tried wav, mp3, ogg, au, and raw files.

Are there any "sound-making" console commands that I can "grep" for?

Are there other groups (beside this forum) I can ask this question?

Sheng-Chieh

Hi!

Now days more support is availeble from matrix group chats.

I assume you are using Phosh? Sorry if you mentioned it but I did not notice.
You can start for example here:
https://sspaeth.de/2021/03/customizing-t...-ringtone/

Files should be oga or ogg
You can customize all alert tones but you have to find out what they are called.
Incoming call is "phone-incoming-call" while sms is "message-new-sms" and matrix/telegram etc. are "message-new-instant"

There is no easy way to increase one alert tone only but what you can do:
Increase the volume of your custom alert tone sound file using some audio mixer app.
Use phosh-mobile-settings and put feedback to silent for not so important apps (silent will vibrate only)
The sound files are located at /usr/share/freedesktop/stereo.

I imagine you are looking at /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/message-new-instant.oga

You can increase the volume of an .oga file using, for example.audacity. Try google Smile