PINE64

Full Version: crontab -e does not run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set up a cron job for user with crontab -e but is does not run. If I set the same job for root then it runs fine.  I do not have cron.allow in /etc and cron.deny is empty.

Code:
SHELL=/usr/bin/sh                                                                                         
MAILTO=""                                                                                                   
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin                                                                

# Example of job definition:                                                                                 
# .---------------- minute (0 - 59)                                                                         
# |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)                                                                           
# |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)                                                                   
# |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...                                                 
# |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat                       
# |  |  |  |  |                                                                                                                   

# run update job every minute                                                                                
* * * * *  /home/user/bin/update                                                                                             

The crontab file ends with a blank line and cr. The update script is executable. The crontab file is added to /etc/crontabs which is linked to /var/spool/cron and is created by crontab as "-rw-------    1 user  root".

So where have I gone wrong.