PINE64

Full Version: Pinebook no longer boots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What image are you writing to your SD to boot?

Easiest way to figure out if it's the Pro or not is whether it's black or white. Pinebook (OG) is white shell, PBPro is black.

IIRC the OG Pinebook did prioritize SD booting over eMMC, unlike the PBP's rk3399
(04-13-2023, 07:50 AM)tophneal Wrote: [ -> ]What image are you writing to your SD to boot?

Easiest way to figure out if it's the Pro or not is whether it's black or white. Pinebook (OG) is white shell, PBPro is black.

IIRC the OG Pinebook did prioritize SD booting over eMMC, unlike the PBP's rk3399

I have the OG PineBook in the white shell and was purchased in 2017.
  • CPU: 1.2GHz 64-Bit Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53
  • RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM Memory
  • Flash: 16 GB eMMC 5.0
  • Wireless: WiFi 802.11bgn + Bluetooth 4.0
  • Display: 14" TN LCD (1366 x 768)

The image I am trying to use isĀ Armbian_23.02.2_Pine64_jammy_current_5.15.93_xfce_desktop.img

And my follow up from last night of trying multiple SD cards, I still the same issue of blank/black screen and no indication of the laptop powering up. I double checked the SD cards with CrystalDiskInfo and it reports the card as 100% healthy.
Moving thread to the OG Pinebook forum.

It sounds like removing your eMMC to at least verify SD boot may be a good idea. It would also allow you to reflash your eMMC or chroot in to repair it, if you have an eMMC to USB adapter (totally worth the ~$15.)
Pages: 1 2