PINE64

Full Version: It's the sd card!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

After some trouble and after buying hipo USB chargers etc, it turns out that it was the sd card!  A Kingston 32gb card wouldn't boot past the first screen.  A Sandisk 16gb runs like a boss!  I tried various burns, power supplies etc and none of them mattered.  It was the sd card.  I've got two pines so now I'll try a sandisk 32gb for the second one.

My pine is running fine via a ue boom usb charger and the flat yellow cable that came with it.  I burned remix using phoenix and my laptop.

Good luck!  I figured I should let people know what worked for me.  Someone needs to work up a list of sd cards that work.  Add the cheapest (in australia) Sandisk 16gb.  It's at least a 10x one, but seriously the cheapest.

cheers john

Oh and the wifi module just plugs in and works. So did my logitech usb thing - plugged it in when I got to the first option screen on first boot and it instantly worked. Good stuff!
I strongly recommend the Samsung 32Gb Evo+ Class 10 cards.

marcushh777
(07-18-2016, 04:00 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]I strongly recommend the Samsung 32Gb Evo+ Class 10 cards.

marcushh777

hear hear Marcus Smile 

Perhaps a counterfeit SD card? See tkaiser's thread here
(07-18-2016, 04:00 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]I strongly recommend the Samsung 32Gb Evo+ Class 10 cards.

marcushh777

Cheers. My local was out of them. Got one on order :-)