PINE64

Full Version: PPKB with phone; phone dies while charging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hoping someone can help me out.

Running Arch, on my pinephone in the keyboard case. The keyboard case works fine, even got the top row symbols working.

I did megi's echo 1500000 > /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-usb/input_current_limit 

Problem is after using it, I plug it into a charger and the next morning the phone is dead. I have tried 5 different chargers including dumb 2.4a. This has occurred on every distro I have tried (all of them except manjaro).

Any ideas?

Edit: I should add that when not on ac power the keyboard charges the phone just fine, so it doesn't seems to be the pogo pins
(05-31-2022, 06:47 PM)SwordfishII Wrote: [ -> ]Hoping someone can help me out.

Running Arch, on my pinephone in the keyboard case. The keyboard case works fine, even got the top row symbols working.

I did megi's echo 1500000 > /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-usb/input_current_limit 

Problem is after using it, I plug it into a charger and the next morning the phone is dead. I have tried 5 different chargers including dumb 2.4a. This has occurred on every distro I have tried (all of them except manjaro).

Any ideas?

Edit: I should add that when not on ac power the keyboard charges the phone just fine, so it doesn't seems to be the pogo pins

After buying 3 different chargers and cables, both PD and dumb with stated 3A 5V, testing all the ones I already had, none of which worked with the pp+kb, I remembered that the Pi 4 has weirdish (high) power requirements (and does not conform to PD), and usb-c. Plugged that special powersupply in and it charges the whole package! On Arch too!

(At least in my case) A Pi 4 specific powersupply is the answer