PINE64

Full Version: HDMI and LCD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear all,
Please let me know which Os can Pine64 run with both of LCD touch screen and HDMI output for monitor?
Regards,
Huu Hien
hi my homies on the irc.pine64.xyz site tell me that non of the gnu+linux distros support the LCD screen yet.

Android and Remix support the LCD touch screen, as well they boot up to hdmi (depending on your monitor). I do not have my LCD yet... so I cannot test, but I have booted Android into hdmi monitor.

marcus
(07-05-2016, 06:48 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]hi my homies on the irc.pine64.xyz site tell me that non of the gnu+linux distros support the LCD screen yet.

Android and Remix support the LCD touch screen, as well they boot up to hdmi (depending on your monitor). I do not have my LCD yet... so I cannot test, but I have booted Android into hdmi monitor.

marcus

I didn't know that there was a build of RemixOS that supported the LCD touchscreen yet, when did this happen?
LCD only supports android for now. Remix will supposedly be supported in the future. Linux -- it depends on how much the linux community cares, it may happen Wink
It should be noted that Android supports both HDMI and LCD, but not simultaneously. Only HDMI or only LCD.

Matt
While the hardware is perfectly capable of dual headed output, you need the right kernel driver and configuration to achieve that. Once I get my LCD I'll try to get it up an running with Linux, maybe look into the dual head issue...
(07-06-2016, 05:18 PM)Bluphire Wrote: [ -> ]It should be noted that Android supports both HDMI and LCD, but not simultaneously. Only HDMI or only LCD.

Matt

Actually the latest build of Android with LCD support ( http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...e_20160603 ) supports using both HDMI and LCD at the same time.  It is a cloned image and not sure if able to set up to use as a multiview or continual screen.  I know this is working as I use it to play pokemon red on a hdtv through HDMI cables and it also shows on my LCD at the same time.  Kinda overkill but cool none the less.
(07-07-2016, 08:51 AM)jjmgryphon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 05:18 PM)Bluphire Wrote: [ -> ]It should be noted that Android supports both HDMI and LCD, but not simultaneously. Only HDMI or only LCD.

Matt

Actually the latest build of Android with LCD support ( http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...e_20160603 ) supports using both HDMI and LCD at the same time.  It is a cloned image and not sure if able to set up to use as a multiview or continual screen.  I know this is working as I use it to play pokemon red on a hdtv through HDMI cables and it also shows on my LCD at the same time.  Kinda overkill but cool none the less.

Thanks for this info, greatly appreciated.
Yeah, I can use both of HDMI and LCD at the same time (with LCD image), but It can't boot when it is connected to HDMI.
Ya it mirrors the image does not boot while hdmi is connected but works nice
What I have not tested is if the audio works via hdmi
But it woks via 3.5mm jack

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2