PINE64

Full Version: App compatibility issues with pine64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend I started to play with my pine. I am using Android atm and I tried to install 3 apps. Unfortunately only 1 was successful. 

Until now I didn't get any error message or authentication issues. But I can't download the apps, because the play store tells me the device is not compatible. Is there a fix or workaround?

Te apps are:
- telfort it online (IPTV app from TV provider)
- Cbox HD
You could try to locate the .apk files by googling it. Or you can spoof your device-id to make google store identify the pine as something else. (The spoofing trick require root access to work).
Thanks, I'm 'new' to Android. So now I found a couple of apk's. But they are not hosted by the play store. Is it still safe to use them?
(07-06-2016, 06:30 AM)Boring Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'm 'new' to Android. So now I found a couple of apk's. But they are not hosted by the play store. Is it still safe to use them?

You can never be 100% sure about that. But if you are sceptical you could get an app called lucky patcher and backup the apks from another device that is compatible with those apps (like your phone or something) and then copy the apks to the pine and install them there.