PINE64

Full Version: Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After three years some letters of the keyboard stopped working. Unfortunately the official store doesn't sell the keyboard for old models anymore, so I bought one from another store. The new keyboard worked, but I must have done something wrong because now, after reassembling, it doesn't turn on anymore.

The power LED is on, the Caps-Lock LED turns on when the key is pressed, the LCD brightens but it remains black. I think it's not working, because it doesn't connect to my Wi-Fi nor it plays Android's chime after booting. Tried to boot from a SD, nothing changes. Tried also the HDMI output (both with stock Linux and SD Android) but the external monitor doesn't display anything.

So two questions:
1) Someone has an idea about what to check? I have a cheap oscilloscope somewhere, not very reliable but it works somehow. I have also a Saleae Logic Analyzer and various multimeters. I know that there is a UART in the phone jack, but I don't know how to interface it. I have many USB2Serial converters, tried to use one but it doesn't read anything.

2) If I fail to fix it (also because after some months the plastic became brittle and eventually broke in many parts, mostly around the hinges, and probably I was going to disassemble it anyway) what I can salvage? I mean, the battery is good for powering an Arduino (but how to recharge?). The LCD could be used on a Raspberry Pi, maybe? The mainboard can be used without keyboard?
Hello, if you re selling it for parts and you are in Europe or nearby, i am interested please, send me pm
(03-18-2023, 06:44 AM)gerstavros Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, if you re selling it for parts and you are in Europe or nearby, i am interested please, send me pm

Hello,
sorry but I already trashed the thing.