PINE64

Full Version: How to paste text in Plasma Mobile?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's probably a pretty dumb question, but how do I paste text on Pinephone KDE (Manjaro/Plasma Mobile)?

Phosh for example offers within the keyboard's language selection the possibility to choose the terminal keyboard layout which offers the buttons Ctrl, Tab, etc.
But for Plasma Mobile I cannot find a solution. Tap and hold also has no effect.

So how do I paste text?

Thanks!!!
(11-11-2021, 02:41 PM)jojuma Wrote: [ -> ]So how do I paste text?

Hmm, what do you mean "paste"? Just checked and was able to copy a webpage text from Angelfish and paste it to Terminal or Spacebar or Nota or Phonebook Name field...
However - this does not seem to work for the Search field...
(11-12-2021, 02:35 AM)acrux Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2021, 02:41 PM)jojuma Wrote: [ -> ]So how do I paste text?

Hmm, what do you mean "paste"? Just checked and was able to copy a webpage text from Angelfish and paste it to Terminal or Spacebar or Nota or Phonebook Name field...
However - this does not seem to work for the Search field...

How do you paste it? Tap and hold the screen? Where do you get the option "paste"?
(11-12-2021, 08:07 AM)jojuma Wrote: [ -> ]How do you paste it? Tap and hold the screen? Where do you get the option "paste?
"Long touch" the text input field and a little pop-up menu appears where depending on the clipboard are small option icons: cut, copy and paste Wink
Running Manjaro PlaMo beta 8 + updates here.
I got the latest updates, too but that little pop-up menu you mention, doesn't appear for me...
At least I know now, how it should work and that I didn't do anything wrong since this is the intuitive way to paste text...
I'd recommend to try beta 8. Keep in mind that daily builds are not equal to beta+updates. Beta has its own update channel.