PINE64

Full Version: [major issue] how to stop it from booting when charging?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I bought a pinebook recently to play around and have a cheap laptop with me during travels and I have one major issue with it.

When I plug it in to charge it it will boot immediately. When I turn it off it stops charging also. This is very problematic as I planned on charging it using solar panels on a trip.

Is there a way to change this in the BIOS or something like that? I'm leaving in less than two weeks :/

Thanks!
(06-08-2021, 05:55 AM)eFqLLnGo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I bought a pinebook recently to play around and have a cheap laptop with me during travels and I have one major issue with it.

When I plug it in to charge it it will boot immediately. When I turn it off it stops charging also. This is very problematic as I planned on charging it using solar panels on a trip.

Is there a way to change this in the BIOS or something like that? I'm leaving in less than two weeks :/

Thanks!

The Pinebook will boot up from power off mode when plug in power.
I have the issue with booting when you plug in the charging cable too. But when charging while the pinebook running and then I shutdown the system, the pinebook keeps charging while it is off. So I use it as kind of a workaround.