PINE64

Full Version: Mainboard replacement does not boot/charge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I got this week the Pinephone mainboard replacement (this item) and tried to set it up this afternoon. But once installed, following the instructions in the video, nothing happens at all : it doesn't boot when I push the power button, and the status led doesn't go red when I plug the charger.

I thought I made a mistake during the installation, or that I broke something, so I put the ubports mainboard back in place to test the components: the phone booted and everything seemed fine.

I set the replacement mainboard up again: same issues, the phone doesn't boot or charge.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
(05-01-2021, 02:14 PM)boarf Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

I got this week the Pinephone mainboard replacement (this item) and tried to set it up this afternoon. But once installed, following the instructions in the video, nothing happens at all : it doesn't boot when I push the power button, and the status led doesn't go red when I plug the charger.

I thought I made a mistake during the installation, or that I broke something, so I put the ubports mainboard back in place to test the components: the phone booted and everything seemed fine.

I set the replacement mainboard up again: same issues, the phone doesn't boot or charge.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Your link gave me a 404 not found. Not sure on the video you followed but did you try flashing an OS (it doesn't come with an OS)? I bought my 3gb upgrade board the other week, reflashed fresh OS to emmc and have had no issues.
The link was to the pine64 offer for a mainboard replacement for braveheart/ubports owners, but it's just the standard 3GB/32GB mainboard.

And yes, you're right, I just followed the steps in the item page in the pine store, but they actually were incomplete: I should have read the wiki first! So basically:
  • mainboard come without preloaded system, even the factory testing image (I thought it had the factory image)
  • the usb firmware must be updated.
So, my bad, I should better read the f. manual. Undecided