PINE64

Full Version: Moving lines on screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else have the issue of, or does someone have a solution for, ghosting lines on the PineTab screen? 

One day I turned it on and there is a section of the screen where short lines move across the display, and really ruin the visibility/experience. 

I've hit it with a hammer, that didn't work. What else can I try?

TIA
(04-29-2021, 08:20 PM)SpoofyKid Wrote: [ -> ]I've hit it with a hammer, that didn't work. What else can I try?

TIA
Overrun it by a truck? Cool

Maybe check the connector to the display
(04-30-2021, 04:42 AM)guenther Wrote: [ -> ]Overrun it by a truck? Cool

Maybe check the connector to the display

Might have to. 

I took out the display ribbon, and put it back in, no luck. I hate taking the back off for fear of something else breaking, but I'll try again - maybe I'll blow on it this time, like it's a Nintendo game cartridge.

Thanks.
(04-30-2021, 05:06 AM)SpoofyKid Wrote: [ -> ]I hate taking the back off for fear of something else breaking...

I haven't did it yet but I feel with you...

Well, I don't think it's OS related but have you tried a different one? Or plug it to a monitor? Without spare parts (if there are any available in the future) to test it's hard to tell what's the issue. Will be hit and miss I guess.

Sorry I can't help. Good luck.
And put away the hammer! Big Grin
Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

I think I heard something similar with a PinePhone, might be worth checking out the forum threads over there as the hardware is very similar.
Thanks for the ideas.

I'll check out the PinePhone threads.

I've tried it on Ubuntu too, and had no luck. It just one day started happening.

I don't have an HDMI out cable to try it, though I'm pretty certain it's a hardware issue.

With an LCD shortage, a replacement screen isn't possible according to support.

[attachment=2323]