PINE64

Full Version: Rebooted after update now no GUI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As fun as the terminal is I would like to have a desktop environment again.

I am running Manjaro-ARM-phosh  on a UBports Edition pinephone.  I ran the latest update on Sunday and after I rebooted it did not boot into the desktop environment.  With an external keyboard I can still login and run terminal commands so I was hopeful a new update would fix the issue but yesterdays update did not change anything.  Is anyone else having this issue or just me? Any suggestions on a next step? I could always flash a new install on but I would like to learn how to fix this in case it comes up again.
thanks
(03-23-2021, 07:48 AM)BlunderingBushcraft Wrote: [ -> ]As fun as the terminal is I would like to have a desktop environment again.

I am running Manjaro-ARM-phosh  on a UBports Edition pinephone.  I ran the latest update on Sunday and after I rebooted it did not boot into the desktop environment.  With an external keyboard I can still login and run terminal commands so I was hopeful a new update would fix the issue but yesterdays update did not change anything.  Is anyone else having this issue or just me? Any suggestions on a next step? I could always flash a new install on but I would like to learn how to fix this in case it comes up again.
thanks
Same problem, no GUI after reboot
Well I tried reinstalling phosh and  a running updates but that did not change anything. So I ending up doing new flash and the fresh install is working well so far.