PINE64

Full Version: SFOS 4.0.1.48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The flash-it script now builds SFOS 4.0.1.48.
If some apps don't open from the home screen, run
devel-su zypper install qtscenegraph-adaptation
and reboot.
I haven't time to test but almost everything works except: camera, email, GPS.
(03-20-2021, 09:43 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: [ -> ]Still no way to unlock the SIM. So no telephony functions.
The SIM unlock screen apprears, but the "ok" button just does not do anything.
If you insert more than 4 digits, then wrong pin message apears - so it seems that the SIM unlock application just does not accept shorter than 5 digit numbers. Unfortunately SIM pins are usually 4 digit numbers.
(03-20-2021, 12:23 PM)acrux Wrote: [ -> ]Still no way to unlock the SIM. So no telephony functions.
The SIM unlock screen apprears, but the "ok" button just does not do anything.
If you insert more than 4 digits, then wrong pin message apears.
I've never used a sim lock, but I gather the only round is to unlock the sim first on another phone.
(03-20-2021, 12:59 PM)defactofactotum Wrote: [ -> ]I've never used a sim lock, but I gather the only round is to unlock the sim first on another phone.
Hmm - so that is special to Sailfish&PinePhone.
No problem to unlock in Manjaro Phosh or Manjaro Plasma.
Or in SailfishOS using the other phones I used so far...
I upgraded in-place. Still no working browser and therefore no email. Should that be working?
(03-21-2021, 11:20 AM)Tyt0 Wrote: [ -> ]I upgraded in-place.  Still no working browser and therefore no email.  Should that be working?
The native browser now works, but email still doesn't.
Does this update fix the issue that caused sfos to not detect some sims?
(03-20-2021, 09:43 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: [ -> ]The flash-it script now builds SFOS 4.0.1.48.
and reboot.
I updated yesterday to SFOS 4.0.1.48. As you say, some apps would not open from the home screen. I just now ran your recommended solution and that seems to fix that problem. Thank your for your hard work on SailfishOS for the PinePhone! I think SFOS has the most attractive and user-friendly UI at this point and I would love to use it as my daily driver on PinePhone. However, here is what is not working for me: Telephony (I cannot receive or make calls); Emails (They show up in my accounts, but will not open - just a white screen); Browser works but frequently crashes and locks the phone, requiring a restart.); and, as was noted, Camera & GPS.

Has anyone gotten the call function to work? My SIM card and network is recognized, but no joy. My network is Mint Mobile, which uses the T-Mobile network. Once again, I thank all the talented developers working on the various Linux Mobile/PinePhone projects. You have my admiration - I wish that I had the technical skill to help.
(03-20-2021, 09:43 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: [ -> ]The flash-it script now builds SFOS 4.0.1.48.
and reboot.

Then i try this "devel ... and after Password he said Auth faild. i have a 6 digit password.
the second thing is, i will install a App from Storeman (Rockpool)und the Error said " libKF5CalendarCore.so.5 is not ready or not installed

how can i solve this Problems ?

i forget to set a pin in dev options  Blush devel run now perfect. Only the second Problem is not solved Huh

second Problem solved: Upgrade to 4.1.0.24  Big Grin