PINE64

Full Version: Enable Ethernet Rooted 5.1.1 (05/05)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Preface: Running A64+ 2GB board with a 16GB Sandisk class 10 card running Android Rooted 5.1.1 2016/05/05 release found here.

How does one enable ethernet within android? I can get the wifi working just fine however I can't seem to find any options to enable/configure ethernet within the OS.

The only thing close I can find is under data usage you can track data over ethernet, however every time I click it the settings panel crashes.

I've tried using both in 1Gbps and 100mbps mode (by using a switch, verified to be working at 100mbps with other hardware) and the Ethernet just won't work. 

Anyone had any luck getting the ethernet working within android on this board?
(06-02-2016, 01:27 PM)Rumen Wrote: [ -> ]Preface: Running A64+ 2GB board with a 16GB Sandisk class 10 card running Android Rooted 5.1.1 2016/05/05 release found here.

How does one enable ethernet within android? I can get the wifi working just fine however I can't seem to find any options to enable/configure ethernet within the OS.

The only thing close I can find is under data usage you can track data over ethernet, however every time I click it the settings panel crashes.

I've tried using both in 1Gbps and 100mbps mode (by using a switch, verified to be working at 100mbps with other hardware) and the Ethernet just won't work. 

Anyone had any luck getting the ethernet working within android on this board?

I had no issues. I have the 1GB board version and wrote my android-rooted-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64-8GB.img with dd.
I have an old cheap netgear switch GS108

Here is my settings... wifi is off currently.

root@tulip-chiphd:/data # ethtool eth0                                       
Settings for eth0:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full 
                       100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full 
                       1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full 
Supported pause frame use: No
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full 
                       100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full 
                       1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full 
Advertised pause frame use: No
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: 1000Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Port: MII
PHYAD: 0
Transceiver: external
Auto-negotiation: on
Link detected: yes

Jim
It turned out to be an issue the DHCP service running on my router, ethernet is working fine now.