PINE64

Full Version: Any way to disable wake on power connect/full charge? (Arch)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, 

I've been using my early adopter PineTab more frequently over the past few weeks and there's a lot to like. There's still a few minor nagging things, like the wake on power connect. Basically I'd like to change the behavior so when I plug in a power adapter or it charges to 100% it doesn't automatically wake from sleep. My hope is this is something that can be handled via software, but I could also see it being something at a deeper firmware level. I'm guessing it's the latter. 

What I tried: 

1. Power manager options (xfce4-power-manager,tlp,etc.) 
2. Changing wake parameters in various locations in /sys/ and similar, no dice. Guessing those I found as likely candidates are read-only state parameters.
3. Looked for possible systemd options
4. Those were my best guesses. I tried searching around but most of what I found were related to WoL or BIOS specifically. There was a post on the gentoo forum but that referenced /proc/acpi which is not present. 

For reference I'm running Arch + i3. 

Thanks in advance!
Dammit! This is what happened to me! I charged it when it was off because it was low-ish, threw it in my bag after and when I came back to it, the device was completely dead. It must have switched on when the power was applied - very weird behaviour! I would definitely disable this if I could...
This is a hardware feature and cannot be changed it seems: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=10681.
(10-14-2020, 02:31 AM)barray Wrote: [ -> ]Dammit! This is what happened to me! I charged it when it was off because it was low-ish, threw it in my bag after and when I came back to it, the device was completely dead. It must have switched on when the power was applied - very weird behaviour! I would definitely disable this if I could...

Yeah, it can be annoying.

(10-14-2020, 03:10 AM)fsflover Wrote: [ -> ]This is a hardware feature and cannot be changed it seems: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=10681.

Darn, I figured that would be the case.

Just had a thought, I wonder if there's a way to trap the wake event and have it suspend right after since it's not from a full power-off state.