PINE64

Full Version: Is the board design open-source/OSHW?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the backer community isĀ asked to support the development of the product before it's released, is there a tit-for-tat release of the board design back to the community? I'm very hesitant to pledge towards a closed-source product, but delighted to support one that enriches the community by fully embracing open-source principles in its design.

I can't find *anything* either way on the website or FAQ about this issue. Any word from the creators would be appreciated!
(01-13-2016, 03:34 PM)myself Wrote: [ -> ]Since the backer community isĀ asked to support the development of the product before it's released, is there a tit-for-tat release of the board design back to the community? I'm very hesitant to pledge towards a closed-source product, but delighted to support one that enriches the community by fully embracing open-source principles in its design.

I can't find *anything* either way on the website or FAQ about this issue. Any word from the creators would be appreciated!

We will open up the schematic on February, but it is not OSHW project since we do not release Gerber file.
(01-13-2016, 05:36 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]We will open up the schematic on February, but it is not OSHW project since we do not release Gerber file.

Thank you for the prompt and cogent response! That's useful; having a schematic really helps resolve hookup questions on the GPIO and stuff. As a user I wish more stuff still came with schematics; I remember the days when almost everything had one either in the manual or inside the cabinet, sometimes both.