PINE64

Full Version: DHL to remote locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since April 2020, DHL started charging an extra fee for "remote locations" in my area.
I'm not even that far out of town, but out of their delivery zone. I used to get them to drop packages at their depot in town so I can go pick them up for free, but now they charge $38 extra for that, even though they don't have to do the last mile delivery...

Here is a link to the PDF listing all the postal codes worldwide affected by that surcharge :

https://www.dhl.com/content/dam/download..._id_id.pdf

It's a 234 pages document listing about 100 000 postal codes.

So I'm wondering if Pine64 is working on offering alternative options for shipping?
People living in those areas who order a $150 pinephone will pay DHL $63 (25+38) shipping before duty and local taxes...
That's almost 50% of the cost of the phone for shipping... I'm sure there must be cheaper options.
(08-29-2020, 08:36 AM)IAteYourBacon Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm wondering if Pine64 is working on offering alternative options for shipping?

I feel your pain, but Covid killed most delivery options...
I wonder if there's any postcode NOT in their regional list Tongue

I have just been bitten by this and worse, twice my orders been cancelled for it so I'm also paying $45+ in currency conversion fees for each order/cancel round. This is the most expensive laptop I've ever bought - thankfully it's (hopefully) awesome Big Grin