PINE64

Full Version: Import Taxes to Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.  Just wondering if anyone has any experience in having a PineTime watch delivered to Canada.  Trying to determine what the import taxes or duty might be for delivery to Canada.

Thanks in advance!
In case anyone is wondering: I had to pay 25CAD via http://mypayment.dhl.ca/ for a shipment of two units which shows a total of 79CAD on the shipping manifest. Thing is the dhl tracking page does not really point out how to do it, I wrote a mail to sales, they redirected me to the hotline and a computer voice told me to use mypayment.
(06-29-2020, 02:59 PM)CBERSPACE Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone.  Just wondering if anyone has any experience in having a PineTime watch delivered to Canada.  Trying to determine what the import taxes or duty might be for delivery to Canada.

Thanks in advance!
I got mine yesterday and didn't have to pay any import taxes, like I had to for the pinephone and pinebook pro.  It arrived in my mailbox in a small envelope with packing bubble wrap.  Had to update the old infinitytime firmware to 1.0, which went super smoothly, following the wiki instructions.  This thing is pretty awesome.
Hi,

Couln't resist getting myself a sealed PineTime, but shipping rate is unbelievable/unreasonable. Just wanted to share what it cost me for anyone looking into getting one...

PineTime = around 35 CAD (27 US$)
Shipping = around 38 CAD (30 US$)
Duty/Custom = 22.90$ (5.05$ duty + 17.85$ DHL fees)

Basically my the 27 US $ PineTime became a 97 CAD Watch.

Pine64 really needs to offer other shipping option!!! 

I was ok with paying duty/custom but shipping fee is too crazy. Now I really hope not getting disappointed by the PineTime.
IIRC shipping costs don't go up if you ordered multiple units (and nor should the DHL fees) so there's lots of saving possible if you can arrange even a very small 2-3 member group buy. I'm in the UK rather than Canada but that's what I did when I ordered by second batch of devices.
(07-19-2021, 03:02 AM)danielt Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC shipping costs don't go up if you ordered multiple units (and nor should the DHL fees) so there's lots of saving possible if you can arrange even a very small 2-3 member group buy. I'm in the UK rather than Canada but that's what I did when I ordered by second batch of devices.

Not always easy or possible to do, but it's definitely a great idea to cut fees