PINE64

Full Version: PineTab Mobian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
When will Mobian run on the PineTab ?

Became available September 03  !

Big Grin
(06-13-2020, 09:13 PM)bcnaz Wrote: [ -> ]When will Mobian run on the PineTab ?

While I don't think it's "official", I believe PineTab will probably have full support of all the PinePhone operating systems. So, probably, Mobian will run as well out-of-the-box on the Tab as it does on the Phone.

I think.
I saw in the other thread a-wai mentioned 'eventually' Mobian may run on the Pinebook Pro, and the PineTab as well as on the Pine phone.

I believe the main board is very similar, but I am not certain they are identical as far as running the OS hardware/firmware ?
We'll most likely need a pinetab-specific release, due to differences in the kernel (different display at least, maybe some small differences in the schematics too) and some config tweaks: no modem in the stock pinetab, different screen resolution, these are parameters which need to be accounted for.

(there's no plan to support the PBP in mobian though, as it's a laptop, not a mobile device, and I believe running official debian will work perfectly Wink )

a standard Debian OS download will work on the Pinebook Pro ?
I haven't actually tried it (my PBP runs Manjaro), but take a look here
(06-21-2020, 04:16 PM)devrtz Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't actually tried it (my PBP runs Manjaro), but take a look here

As a GUI  user,  I do not think I could  "mash together" the 2 pieces of software ...

I was electrocuted years ago,  while I can do a lot,  my eyes glaze over when I even think about using 'terminal'
Smile

Mobian is available for the pineTab  !

I look forward to hearing from anyone who tries it...

I missed the ordering window, but I am looking for the next sales window.

Please share want you think of this Operating System.
Please note the PineTab images are untested, as none of us have their devices yet (should be a matter of days now), but hopefully it will *mostly* work as is.
Where did you find it? There is nothing on Mobian wiki. I will definitely try it as soon as it's available..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16